Take a stellar photo in Animal Planet: Amazon Odyssey and
win a VIVE Cosmos
Enter between October 10 and December 31, 2019 for a chance to win. Visit [insert URL] for full promotion rules and to enter. ©2019 HTC Corporation. All rights reserved. HTC, VIVE, and all other HTC product and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of HTC Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The [[Promotion Name]] (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (the “Eligible Residents”). Employees of HTC Corporation and its affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Non-natural persons (including corporations and other business entities) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: HTC Corporation, No. 88, Section 3, Zhongxing Road, Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on [DATE and TIME] and ends on [DATE and TIME]the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. Entries: Eligible Residents may enter by taking a photo of an animal using the in-game tablet within the Animal Planet: Amazon Odyssey VR game and uploading a screenshot or camera photo of the tablet photo showing the 3-star rating to [social media outlet] and include the hashtag [#hashtag]. By posting and participating in the Promotion, the Eligible Resident agrees to these official rules. Submission of a complete photo will result in one (1) entry into the Promotion. Eligible Residents must include all elements of the sentence in their post and must abide by the [social media site] community guidelines for an entry to be valid. Sponsor reserves the right to delete any entries that display violent or adult content, or illustrate hateful, unlawful, or abusive content. Furthermore, Sponsor reserves the right to delete spam, verbal violence, private information, information illustrating security risks, and third party links.
Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion corresponding to the day their requested details are submitted. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. Multiple entries are not permitted ; only one (1) entry permitted per person and each entry must be submitted or obtained in accordance with entry requirements.
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion and winning any prize, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation. See the section on “Personal Information”. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
5. Judging: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor’s Content Production team will review all entries and select a winner based on the following criteria:
Photo Quality. The photo must be rated three stars as decided by the game itself. The photo must
Photo Content. The animal must be centered in the frame and must be shot in profile/full face/etc.
Artistry/Aesthetics. As determined by the judges themselves.
The winner will be announced on [DATE]. Potential Promotion winner(s) will be notified by the Sponsor via private message on the social media account from which the submission was entered and asked to send an email to [email] to claim their prize. Each potential winner will be required to respond to the Sponsor’s notification with the requested information within one (1) day of the date notice or attempted notice is sent.
If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to provide the requested information within the required time period or cannot accept the prize, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to a runner-up entry selected by the judges, after which the prize(s) will remain un-awarded.
Prizes will be fulfilled after winner confirmation by emailing winner to redeem the prize by following the included instructions.
6. Prizes: No cash or other substitution shall be permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. If a prize is mailed, the winner assumes the risk of the prize’s safe arrival.
The prize shall consist of the following: One (1) VIVE Cosmos virtual reality system.
Retail value of prize package is approximately Seven Hundred United States Dollars ($700.00).
The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (and/or province) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical errors, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) the Promotion is governed by the laws of Washington State and that all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to the following address within three (3) months of Promotion end date:
308 Occidental Avenue South
Seattle, Washington 98104